Irresistible Aromatic Focaccia recipe, written and illustrated by Giulia Pintus
Here's something to do over the weekend. A recIpe for an irresistible, aromatic Focaccia loaf, illustrated by Giulia Pintus. We hear there's also more where this came from! A lovely thing to do in pairs, if you're a parent / child team -
divide the steps that children may find a little tricky.
We'd also like to share some illustrations that Giulia has created during the quarantine.
Focaccia for 6 people
1. In a large bowl put 550 gr of flour type “0” or “00” and 6 tablespoons of olive oil
2. In a carafe mix 275 gr of tepid water, 25 gr of fresh yeast or 8 gr of dried yeast and 4
teaspoons of sugar or honey
3. Stirring first and second mixture with one hand so you have a clean one to hold
4. Just before the dough form a ball add 3 teaspoons of salt. Knead on the table for
ten minutes until the surface will be smooth.
5. Put the dough in the bowl and make a cross in the center, it will help the
leavening! Cover with plastic wrap for two hours in a warm place.
6. After two hours, take a dough and pour it on the oiled oven trays with floured
hands, stretch the dough with all your fingers trying to enlarge it up to the edges
of the oven tray.
7. Sprinkle a dough surface with a 1 parts of olive oil and 3 parts of water previously
mixed in a little jar.
8. Wait for twenty minutes meanwhile turn on the oven at 180' degrees.
9. Flavor it with fresh rosemary and coarse salt
10. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the focaccia is colored both above and below
11. Churn out and Eat!
If you have any further questions or have the perfect project for Giulia, please contact: [email protected]
at illo agency we pride ourselves in representing a collation of global illustrators, distinctly diverse in creativity and uniquely celebrated by like-minded clients across a range of commercial markets.